Take a classic dessert like Apple crumble and make it Italian by adding amaretti* to the traditional recipe. Indulge even further and serve it with a scoop of delicious award-winning Buontalenti gelato by Badiani. Find below what you'll need and how to do it.
*Find these crunchy, gluten-free, almond-flavoured biscuits in our MM Groceries or here.
110g amaretti biscuits (https://bit.ly/AmarettiShopify )
95g cold unsalted butter, diced (https://bit.ly/ButterMM )
160g plain flour (https://bit.ly/FlourMM)
45g rolled oats
190g caster sugar
5 apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks (https://bit.ly/ApplesMM)
juice of 1 lemon (https://bit.ly/LemonsMM)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 small cup of Badiani Buontalenti gelato (https://bit.ly/BadianiShopifyMM)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a large bowl and crush them to a fine crumb.
- Add the diced butter, flour, rolled oats and 110 g of the sugar and mix everything together with the tips of your fingers to form a fine breadcrumb-like texture.
- Place the apple chunks in a ovenproof dish with the lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract and remaining sugar and mix together well.
- Spoon over the crumble mixture evenly and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the edges of the dish are caramelised.
- Divide among bowls and serve with a scoop of Buontalenti gelato by Badiani.